I love hosting workshops, training courses and events for writers, bloggers, and small business owners.
The Great Melbourne Blog-in (v5)
Saturday 28 July 2018
- Suzanne Chadwick from The Connection Exchange will talk to us about building your brand online – whether that’s you personally, or your blog.
- Sharon Gourlay from Digital Nomad Wannabe will be sharing actionable tips and advice for ways you can boost your blog’s online profile.
Confidence, clarity and consistency: A copywriter’s secrets to writing well
Saturday 11 August 2018
I’ll be presenting as part of the Small Business Skills Summit. This is an unmissable summit for anyone in small business. Forget travelling 1000s of kilometres for a conference. With this summit, you can pick and choose the sessions from 60 presents you want to see from the comfort of your desk that will help you grow and nurture your business towards 2018.
In my presentation, I’ll step you through the three pillars of writing well:
- having the confidence to find your voice and publish your work
- knowing what you want to say and saying it in a clear and concise way
- having a consistent voice to help build your brand
The Great Melbourne Blog-in (V4)
Saturday 9 September 2017 from 10 am
I hosted my fourth ‘Great Melbourne Blog-in’ at the Spottiswoode Hotel in Spotswood again in mid-September. Our first guest speakers were the lovely Cat and Cherie (from The Digital Picnic). Then we had Erin Holmes-Bender (from Explore with Erin) and Debsaree Das (from Style and Travel with Debs).
The Great Melbourne Blog-in (V3)
Saturday 27 May 2017
I hosted my third ‘Great Melbourne Blog-in‘ at the Spottiswoode Hotel in Spotswood again in late May. Our guest speakers included Carly Findlay, Linda Reed-Enever and Sharon Gourlay.
Saturday 18 February 2017 from 10am
I hosted my second ‘Great Melbourne Blog-in‘ at the Spottiswoode Hotel in Spotswood again. It was such a great day with guest speakers including Nat Alleblas who talked about using Pinterest to drive traffic to our blogs, and Karen Hollenbach who spoke about using LinkedIn as a professional networking platform.
The Better Blogging Online Workshop
Wednesday, 9 November 2017
Melbourne Mumtrepreneur’s group online workshop
Laser focused blog writing: how to craft a better blog post that your readers will love
Writing blog posts can be time zappers and are often hit and miss with readers, making you less inclined to blog often or at all. Perhaps you’re not feeling confident in your writing ability and being able to say what you want to say with the right words.
In this Better Blogging Workshop, copywriter and blog coach Sandra Muller will step you through the process of crafting better, faster and easier blog posts and help you gain the confidence you need to hit publish more often.
In this session, you will learn to:
- outline your next blog post before you start writing
- define the ideal reader for your blog post
- focus on the key messages you want your ideal reader to take away from your post
- plan your basic search engine optimisation (SEO) strategy for this post
- structure your blog post for maximum impact
- plan your strategy for promoting your post after you publish it
- follow a style guide for creating consistently presented content.
You’ll receive a free blog post template that you can work through during and after the workshop (usually $9.90).
By the end of this workshop, you’ll know how to plan your next blog post so that you can write it quicker and easier than ever before.
The Great Melbourne Blog-in
Saturday, 27 August 2016
I’m so busy writing blog posts for others that sadly, my own blogs are a little neglected. OK, so they’re A LOT neglected and in desperate need of some TLC and some fresh new content.
On Saturday, August 27, I’m heading to the Spottiswoode Hotel in Spotswood for brunch, lunch, coffee and cake and will take my laptop with me and get writing! Whether you’re new to blogging or an old hat, come and join me for my first ever Melbourne Blog-in.
If you’re heading to the ProBlogger conference in September (I’m going!), this could be a great chance to meet other bloggers before the big event.
The hotel is only a handful of minutes from the Westgate Bridge and parking is easy or the train station is a stone’s throw away.