Whether you want to craft the perfect About page from scratch or want to revamp your existing About page, this template will help you learn to:
- define the ideal client you want to attract
- be clear about your brand
- cut through your self-consciousness
- develop your authentic voice
- share your story, but put the focus on the benefits your ideal client will gain from working with you or buying your products
- plan a basic search engine optimisation (SEO) strategy to help build your online profile
- structure your About page for maximum impact
- use your website’s About page as a template for creating other profiles for publishing on different mediums such as LinkedIn, social media sites, business directory listings, etc.
Table of contents
- Know your brand
- Know your ideal client
- Get over yourself!
- Develop your authentic voice
- Share your story
- About page template
- Using SEO to build your online profile
- Learn more about SEO
- The editing process
- My seven golden rules of editing
- Use your About page to create other profiles
- Promoting your profile
- Best practice tips for writing well
- Writing tips
- Mix it up
- Structure tips
- Style guide
- Word usage
- Style elements
- Common mistakes
Nicole Young (verified owner) –
Very comprehensive! Thank you Sandra, I loved how you made me refocus and change the language I used to attract the clients I want, rather than just a page saying I do this and I do that. I was able to draw on my own life experiences, which I may not have thought were relevant before. This is certainly another way for me to connect with my intended audience. The exercises in this template really helped me to step outside the box. It’s well worth your time and money to invest in this template so you can create the right image for your business. Thanks again Sandra!
Marg from Seddonista Pty Ltd (verified owner) –
Fabulous. Exactly what I needed. I am starting a new business and I was struggling to write about me in a succinct but compelling manner. Writing about yourself or your company is hard. You want to make it great, but not too wishy washy or too pompous.
This template really helped me to clarify what needed to be said. After weeks of procrastinating, my About Me page is done and published. Thanks so much Sandra!