My recent government clients and project include:
- Department of Home Affairs – Immigration and citizenship (subcontracted via True North Content)
Lead Writer on 100s of pages of complex content where many pages exceeded 6000 words.
- Victorian Government’s Department of Justice and Regulation
Plain English writing and editing services
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade – Trade and investment (subcontracted via True North Content)
Content auditing, research and benchmarking, stakeholder engagement, IA development and testing, leading a team of three writers to write approximately 200 pages of content
- ACT Government – Innovate Canberra (via True North Content)
- Transport Accident Commission (TAC) (subcontracted via ui3)
- Department of Health and Human Services – Better Health Channel (via ui3)
Lead editor of 100s of pages of consumer health content
- Victorian Government’s Department of Education and Training
Plain English writing and editing services
My recent clients and projects include:
- Discover Phillip Island – I developed and implemented a 5-week social media strategy (via Gemini Communications Consulting)
- GOODRIDE Tyres Australia – I wrote copy for the home page, about pages, passenger tyres and category descriptions
- Adept Drainage – I wrote their website copy
- Ari & Stone – I wrote product descriptions and the about page copy for this eCommerce store
- Papworth Davies – I provided SEO services to boost their online profile
- The Conceiving Mind – I edited the website content, developed an SEO strategy, edited an eBook and opt-in.
- Kirana Education – I wrote a 16 page/4000 word brochure and 40 pages of content for their international students’ subsite.
- ABC Music Group – I wrote an email, letter and web page for a new product launch.
- Triven Group Cleaning Solutions – I wrote the website content and applied an SEO strategy.
- Park Trek Walking Tours – I set up their WordPress site and eCommerce booking system.
- Melbourne Water (via ui3) – I wrote an email newsletter for their stormwater management (WSUD) team.
See more of my work on my Portfolio page.
Copywriting services, editing and video production
Here are links to some examples of my copywriting work, editing and other online projects such as video scripting and production.
Copywriting and copyediting for The Conceiving Mind
I worked with Donna Barnekow from The Conceiving Mind to edit her website, eBook and write social media updates. Donna is a midwife and registered nurse and she's developed an amazing support service and materials for women going through the stress of infertility and IVF.
Website Copywriting: Triven Group
Triven Group is the friendliest cleaning company in Sydney. Triven is expanding its business and needed to develop an online presence to help build their profile. I wrote ten pages of SEO optimised content for Triven, including their home page, the 'About us' page and eight cleaning services pages. In-depth keyword research was done to determine the best longtail keywords to target on each page.
Website copywriting: Just In Signs
This was such a fun project! I love working with small businesses. This time, I had a chance to work with Justin from 'Just In Signs' (haha! get it?) a Sydney-based signwriting and printing business. I wrote search engine optimised (SEO) content, threading the targeted keywords for each page into the content, including headings, sub-headings and the text. I wrote unique content for new pages and copyedited existing text.
Newsletter: Melbourne Water - Living Rivers eNews
This was a challenging project. I didn't know anything about water senstive urban design before I started.
I researched and wrote a comprehensive newsletter for the Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) team at Melbourne Water. I learnt a lot about raingardens and swales and rooftop gardens. The newsletter featured case studies, an interview with an industry specialist, and details of Melbourne Water's latest WSUD funding rounds.
I interviewed council staff to put together the case studies and I also interviewed the industry specialist to write an article from the perspective of a council worker, and I wrote the rest of the newsletter content.
I formatted the newsletter and sent the campaign via MailChimp.
View the Living Rivers newsletter.
Better Health Channel - Services & Support Gateway: Copywriting and editing
The Better Health Channel is the Victorian Government's health website for Victorians. It receives millions of visitors each year.
As part of a team for ui3, a Melbourne-based content agency, I wrote and edited 100s of pages for the 'Services and support' gateway.
Specific examples of content I wrote, include:
Melbourne Water: Water Sensitive Urban Design sub-site copyediting
Melbourne Water revised and expanded the content for their Melbourne Water - Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) sub-site and needed a copyeditor to rewrite the content in plain English and make it accessible to a wide audience, not just landscape architects and WSUD specialists.
I did this content work through online content specialist, ui3 Pty Ltd.
youthcentral: copywriting, editing and video scripting services
youthcentral has been an absolute gem to work with over the years. I have worked on a number of exciting projects for youthcentral, both under my own name and through the content agency, ui3 Pty Ltd.
I was one of the original copywriters and editors for the first youthcentral site waaay back in 2004. Since then I've worked on revamped content, new content for the jobs section, developed the information architecture and new content for their 'Schoolies' sub-site and made many job-related videos.
Here's an example of one my pages of content, written for a youth audience:
Here's one of the many videos I scripted and produced:
Park Trek Walking Tours - Wordpress website set up and ongoing maintenance
I used a WordPress template to set up this beautiful website for Park Trek Walking Tours. As a big fan of the great outdoors, it was an absolute pleasure to work on this website, taking inspiration from Park Trek's fabulous walking tours.
Now in maintenance mode, I do regular site updates, back-ups and add new content when required.
Top End Day Tours - Wordpress website set up and ongoing maintenance
I built this WordPress website for Top End Day Tours using a WordPress theme.
A simple and compact site, it will continue to grow in the future as more tours are added. I will continue to provide ongoing maintenance services to Top End Day Tours.