Melbourne-based copywriter, editor, reader, blogger, hiker, mum, digital strategist, entrepreneur and ultramarathon groupie. Lover of words and simple things.
When I was seven, I wrote a short story about a boogie man with poor toileting skills and a penchant for picking his nose. My teacher loved it so much she sent me to the other Grade 2 classes to read it. I knew from that moment that I wanted to be a writer.
Fast forward 15 years and in the mid-90s I found myself with an Arts degree in Professional Writing and exploring this newish communication tool called the internet. I could see its potential and an opportunity to carve out a creative career so I leapt right in, learning everything I could and found a role as a junior interaction designer with a multimedia company. I started out designing interactive CDs back in those days!
Fast forward twenty years and I have gathered a lot of experience as an employee, contractor and freelancer in different digital media with roles as a designer, writer, editor, video producer, online content manager and digital strategist. I bring this broad skillset to all my work and you’ll find that I’m about so much more than just the words on the page.
I’ve specialised in online content since 2004, so when you work with me, you get the benefit of the in-depth knowledge I’ve gained over the years.
My early career in interaction design brings a strong user-centric focus to all of my projects and I always advocate for the user experience. I’ll always have your audience’s goals in mind.
I have grown my copywriting business into a full-time venture and I absolutely love working with small business owners who are struggling to find the right words to convey their message to their ideal clients.
I’ve written and edited 1000s of pages of online content, produced 100s of videos, and devised and implemented numerous digital media strategies, so I know what I’m doing. I’ve worked locally and globally. I’ve had extensive experience developing and managing multi-lingual websites, and developing and implementing global digital marketing strategies.
I especially love working with small business owners and helping them to navigate their way through the often complex online world. I love bringing people along on this journey, sharing my knowledge so that you understand how things work in the digital space – from marketing to SEO and social media to copywriting and everything else in between.
All decisions regarding your online activities, including your text and choice of words, is ultimately a business decision. These decisions should be well-informed and aligned to your business goals. I take the time to get to know you and your business direction before writing or editing a single word. If you’re after a more ‘hands-off’ approach, then we might not be a good fit. If you’re looking to invest some time and energy into developing your online presence, then we’re a great match.
Clients and projects
My recent clients and projects include:
- The Conceiving Mind – I edited the website content, developed an SEO strategy, edited an eBook and opt-in.
- Kirana Eduction – I wrote a 16 page/4000 word brochure and 40 pages of content for their international students’ subsite.
- ABC Music Group – I wrote an email, letter and web page for a new product launch.
- Triven Group Cleaning Solutions – I wrote the website content and applied an SEO strategy.
- Department of Education and Training – I helped turn policy documents into plain English web content for school principals and leadership teams.
- Department of Health & Human Services (via ui3) – I wrote and edited 100s of pages of web content for the Better Health Channel and did the information design for several infographics.
- Top End Day Tours – I set up their WordPress site.
- Park Trek Walking Tours – I set up their WordPress site and eCommerce booking system.
- Melbourne Water (via ui3) – I wrote an email newsletter for their stormwater management (WSUD) team.
See more of my work on my Portfolio page.
Find me online
Silk Interiors Wallpaper
www.silkinteriors.com.au | www.facebook.com/silkinteriors I sell stunning wallpaper designs, many designed and manufactured in Australia. Wallpaper is such a grand way to make a statement and let your personality shine in your home. I also blog about decorating from the heart to create a home you truly love.
Heading for the Hills
I love to go hiking with my family. You can usually find me on weekends somewhere in the hills around Melbourne. I blog about hiking, write gear reviews, share hiking routes, encourage other families to get outdoors and collect stories to share from the trails.
My formal qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Arts in Professional Writing and Literature (Deakin University)
- Advanced Diploma of Arts in Professional Screenwriting (Digital Media) (RMIT)
- Graduate Certificate in International Business (Swinburne)
- Certificate IV in Small Business Management (Kangan Batman TAFE)